The sauce is incredible simple, requiring basic staples that you probably already have in your pantry. Just throw everything into a pot, simmer, and voila! You have the sauce to make anything taste amazing.
I used cauliflower, but you can also use tofu, chicken, or just use the sauce for other things like noodles! Mmm…
Sweet Orange Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth (240 g)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or flour (60 g)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade* (120 g)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 3 tbsp white or rice vinegar (either will work)
- 4 tbsp liquid sweetener or sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (60 g)
- optional: 2 tsp sesame oil
Whisk the broth and cornstarch together. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and heat on medium low. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Then take off heat.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup+ 3tbsp water
- 1 orange sauce recipe
- optional: sesame seeds or chopped green onions for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and water until the consistency is a little thicker than cake batter.
Dip the cauliflower nuggets in the batter and tap off any excess liquid. Bake for about 10-20 minutes in the oven.
When the cauliflower nuggets are done, pour into another large mixing bowl. Pour in the orange sauce and mix gently with a large spatula. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve over brown rice, quinoa, cous cous, or soba noodles. Enjoy!