These muffins were made with Califia Farms* Holiday Nog. And by golly do these muffins hold up.
After searching Whole Foods’ racks for weeks, I finally found Califia Farms’ new flavors: pumpkin spice latte and holiday nog. While the latte was, of course, a winner, the holiday nog was a really great addition to baked goods.
Toast & Jam Muffins Recipe
(makes 6 muffins)
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar (I used white)
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used Califia Farms Holiday Nog)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can use sugar, agave, honey, etc.)
- your choice of fruit jam (I used blueberry and orange marmalade)
Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with liners.
Mix first 4 ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour a spoonful of batter into each muffin liner, or enough to cover the bottom. Drop in a small spoon of jam in the middle of the batter, and cover the rest (3/4 full) of the liners with the batter. Bake for 19-26 minutes or until lightly browned and risen.
Let cool and enjoy!
*Note that I was not paid by Califia Farms or in any way affiliated with the company